Saturday, November 1, 2014

Brunch is the New Dinner!

I love birthdays, but I decided to take a different, more relaxed approach to mine this year.  I chose to invite people to brunch at Ponty Bistro rather than dinner, and I wore a four year old dress rather than buy a new one. 

Chloe tried to pay for the cab ride to the restaurant!
After feasting on Caesar Salad and Lobster Ravioli (and drinking several lovely champagne, grapefruit and ginger concoctions) Mikita made me take a shot of Sambuca that nearly burned my face off.  Friendship, love, and laughter were plentiful at our table! 

Mikita said that the three coffee beans were for good luck, but I think that she was trying to trick me!
When we got home I climbed into bed with Marlon James's new book and listened to the rain outside before falling asleep.  When I woke up Chloe and I watched the Halloween episode of Blackish for the third time of the day.  Thanks to the generosity of my friends and family, today was the best day, birthday or otherwise, that I have had in a long time.  Let's hope that it is an indication of  the year to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment