Monday, June 1, 2015

Who Buys Clothes in Target? I Do!

I had never been to Target until a few years ago when one opened in the Bronx Gateway Mall.  Chloe and I usually walk there by crossing the 145th Street bridge, and you would be surprised by how many steps you can accumulate walking through their isles searching for deals on shampoo, vitamins, and teeth whitener.  Recently, I have noticed that they have stepped things up in the fashion department.  Their clothing is about the same quality as Old Navy, but in more interesting styles, patterns, and colors.  Here are a few of my recent favorite purchases- all under $30.00.

Xhilaration Boxy Printed Kimono ($24.99) - I originally bought this as a bathing suit cover-up for my upcoming trip to Turks and Caicos.  A few weeks ago I wore it over a leggings and a black tank and got lots of compliments.  This top is lightweight and wearable, even in hot weather, and it is a great cover-up if you aren't crazy about your arms.  I love it  so much that I also bought it in black.
Buy it online here.




Ava & Viv Short Sleeve Printed Wrap Dress ($27.99) - Ava & Viv is Target's new plus size brand. I first learned about this line on Gabi Fresh's Instagram.  I find Gabi's confidence and style inspirational, so I looked for Ava & Viv when I was in Target this weekend.

Body positive blogger Gabi Fresh
The color and  print of this dress immediately caught my eye, and when I tried it on (without Spanx) it fit perfectly.  I'm past the point where pride prevents me from buying a certain size, so I got it!  The dress is long, especially in the back, so it definitely looks better with a heel or a wedge.  It is also a little loose in the front, so if you don't want to show major cleavage you should probably pin it or wear a camisole underneath.  I wish that I had a better picture of me in the dress, but you'll have to trust me- it's fabulous!

Buy it online here.
Last day of classes!


1 comment:

  1. Agreed! Target and Old Navy has stepped up their fashion.. Talking to a girl who formally only liked J Crew and Bloomingdales.. lol

    ReplyDelete