Thursday, March 12, 2015

It's a Reunion!

I'm sure that it is clear to anyone who reads this blog that I miss aspects of working at The Storefront immensely.  This Wednesday I had the opportunity to attend the annual Student Art Exhibit and Cocktail Reception (which began as the Men's and Women's Art Show, under the leadership of former artist-in-residence Matthias Leutrum). 

It was wonderful to reunite with my former 6th and 7th graders, watch them articulately explain their artwork, and brag about their recent high-school acceptances.  The most fulfilling moment of the night for me was when Djemo (a sophomore at Berkshire School) told me that she and Johnese (a sophomore at Calhoun) quote Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man to each other as they excel at their respective schools.  "Play the game, but don't believe in it."


To donate to Storefront Academy click here.

(And by the way, Christopher Williams needs to remember that I am THE PRINCIPAL OF HIS LIFE, and always have my champagne on deck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment