Sunday, January 11, 2015

Black is Beautiful: Haley


How old are you? 24 yrs old

What's your beauty philosophy? I think that anyone can be beautiful; it's all in how you present yourself. My beauty philosophy is to emphasis simplicity and natural qualities and add a splash of interesting. "Interesting" for me usually means a vintage flair, something sparkly, or a bright color.


Accessorizing is in our blood!
Who do you look to for beauty inspiration? I look for beauty inspiration in my cousin Candace (whose fashion choices are always flawless) and in my mother and grandmother (whose vintage jewelry and purses I've incorporated into my wardrobe). 

Wearing the same hairstyles since 2005!
Describe your skin care routine. My skin care routine changes with the season. Right now I use Neutrogena's Grapefruit Scrub with an electric facial brush both morning and night for exfoliation. Then I use Clean and Clear's Oil Free Dual Action Moisturizer in the morning. For breakouts I use Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick which is amazing and still surprises me with its effectiveness every time. 



What are some of the things in your make-up bag that are tried and true and you can't live without?


-Covergirl Mascara Exact Eyelights Black Pearl 700 for brown eyes. This mascara is made differently for every eye color, and it is designed to bring out your personal eye color. I like it because it's not very clumpy. It's also easy to take off and I feel like my lashes have been conditioned once I do.

-Red Lipstick. For me, any scarlet red lipstick will do. I pick it up at the drugstore and use it as my "going out" lipstick. I love the vintage look of it.

-Bite Beauty's Luminous Creme Lipstick from Sephora in Zin, I would describe this as a matte wine color. I wear this one almost daily. The color is perfect for everyday because it adds deep color without making me look like I'm going to the club. 


Photo: allure.com

-Neutrogena Deep Clean Long Last Shine Control Daily Scrub. I LOVE this scrub because it removes all the oil from my pores and controls shine for most of the day. I usually take this with me when I'm going to a humid climate because I know the humidity makes my skin skin even more oily. 




What are some of the new things you've picked up lately that you're obsessed with?

-
Anything Burt's Bees! (I know I am very late to this trend)


-I love the Herbal Blemish Stick. It works surprisingly well, especially when I put it on overnight.

-Burt's Bees Honey and Grapeseed Hand Cream. The mother of one of my students brought this for her daughter whose hands were so dry they would crack and bleed. I noticed how well it worked for her so I bought some for myself. It feels a little sticky when I first put it on but after a couple seconds it seeps in and feels amazing.


There are never too many gold sparkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment