Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Edge

I wrote about The Edge Harlem a few weeks ago as a part of another post, and after visiting again this weekend I most assuredly did not do the place justice. The Edge definitely deserves its own post!  
101 Edgecombe Avenue
After a week of breaking my own heart (or narrowly avoiding disaster- I can't decide which) I headed to Edgecombe Avenue for some much needed James and Kyle time.  I packed the iPad and some earphones so that we could have some adult conversation, but ever clever Chloe put the earphone in one ear so that she could monitor the conversation in case something juicy came up! 

Unfortunately, the only thing juicy that we were able to discuss at brunch were the mimosas!  I started off with a Mango Mimosa, followed by a Spiced Hibiscus Mimosa.  Both were inventive, tasty, and much needed! The cocktails were so much better than the flat champagne and OJ that are usually served at brunch.  Kyle and James both enjoyed the non-alcoholic sorrell, which we were told was made by the owner's grandfather.


Our meals were wonderful: colorful, fresh, and tasty.  The standout was the Crabcake that Kyle ordered, which came with plantains.  I definitely plan to order it the next time I visit.
Crab Cakes with Mixed Greens
Fried Egg Sandwich with Avocado Tomato, and Mixed Greens
Luckily, Chloe talked us into having dessert and it was a REVELATION.  The Croissant Pudding was the best thing that I have tasted in a while and I have been thinking about it every day since.  Is it the weekend yet?

Croissant Bread Pudding







No comments:

Post a Comment