Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Fabulous Five: A Short List of Things That Currently Make Me Happy

1. Solange's Wedding Photos:
As Nikki Giovanni says, "Black Love is Black Wealth," and I can't get enough of the pictures from Solange's New Orleans Wedding to director Alan Ferguson.  The afro, the white dress, and the pantsuit with the red lip are all so stylish, relaxed, and fabulous!  And I want to be Tina Knowles when I grow up . . .
Life Aspirations!

2.  Graze:
Now that I don't work steps away from a gas station and three corner stores, I haven't had easy access to snacks like I used to (this is probably a good thing).  Jackie introduced me to Graze and I am obsessed with their healthy, low calorie snacks.  I love the Summer Berry Flapjacks and the Triple Berry Smoothie; Chloe loves the popcorn.  Once you go onto the website and make your selection you can have your snacks sent to your home or office for less than seven dollars a box.  Graze reminds me of how much I love getting mail!

www.graze.com

3. Victoria's Secret PINK Leggings:
A good pair of leggings is hard to find.  Either they are too sheer, too baggy, or too low-cut.  Recently, I found a new favorite pair at Victoria's Secret PINK.  These leggings are high waisted and thick enough to wear with long tops.  I love the animal print ones for hanging around the house on weekends.

www.victoriassecret.com

4.  An Untamed State by Roxanne Gay:
This novel is about a Haitian American woman who is kidnapped and held for random.  It is fast paced and told from multiple perspectives.  I like that when I pick it up I can slip into another world that does not require much thought.  I'm still intellectually exhausted from A Brief History of Seven Killings.

Available at amazon.com
 5. Lush Bubble Bar:  For my 38th birthday Misa gave me a wonderful basket of Lush goodies, and I was reminded of how much I love their products.  I have never worked harder in my life, and when I come home from my job I often take a hot bath to relax before lesson planning, writing, or kissing on Chloe. I  am currently enjoying The Bubble Bar in "The Comforter."  Just a small piece creates piles of fluffy, blackcurrent scented bubbles.

www.lushusa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment