Saturday, December 20, 2014

Kale Comes to Harlem

Is Whole Foods really pretending that they discovered collard greens?
Whole Foods has it backwards; Collards aren't the New Kale. I've been eating collard greens for as long as I can remember, but Kale is my new favorite food. I love the flavor and texture of it so much that I try to eat it at least five times a week. On top of that it's a nutritional powerhouse, and I pretend that it erases the French Fries and desserts that I am so found of.  Here is a list of my favorite Kale salads in Harlem.

1. Warm Kale Salad at Lido: I dream about this salad. It has Cannellini beans, rosemary, parmesan, sherry, and a delicious smoky flavor.

2. Kale Salad at Corner Social:  This salad is a new edition to Corner Social's menu. I ordered it one Saturday and returned the next day to to have it again. It has sundried  tomato, shaved red onion, feta cheese, bacon, and aged balsamic dressing.

3. Fresh Direct Curried Lentil, Quinoa, Chickpea, and Kale Supersalad: I love to mix this salad with rice for dinner. It has a yummy curried flavor with chickpeas, lentils, black quinoa, onions, lime juice, and cumin.

4. Honorable Mention: Whole Foods Guac-Kale-E-Mole: It's guacamole with Kale. Need I say more?

For more about the health benefits of Kale click here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment