Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Passion for Purple!

I've never seen Mindy Kaling's television show or read any of her books, but when I saw this InStyle Magazine cover I had to buy it.  It's rare that you see anyone brown and round on the cover of a magazine and representation matters.  Plus, she's wearing my favorite color. Here is a list of other purple things that make me happy!


1. MAC Lipstick in Heroine: This is a bright berry colored lipstick.  Save it for when you are feeling super confident.

2. OPI Push and Purple Nail Polish: Push and Purple is an intensely pigmented plum shade that is also really shiny.  It's great for Spring/Summer pedicures.


3. Beets: Beets are rich in B-Vitamins and folate but I eat them because they taste good!  I had this salad of beets, marinated mushrooms, asparagus, and feta at Wave Hill and it was so good!


4.  Banana Republic Geo Link Necklace in Fuchsia: This necklace is exactly my style; I'm just waiting for it to go on sale!

5. Prince Sign O' the Times: I can't talk about the color purple without mentioning Prince. 
Sign O' the Times is definitely one of my favorite Prince albums. "Adore" "The Ballad of Dorothy Parker," "Starfish and Coffee" and "Forever in My Life" are some of the best songs ever written. Period. 



No comments:

Post a Comment