Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Free Nature!

In New York City everything has its price- even trees and flowers.  In the five boroughs there is expensive nature and free nature.  Expensive nature is The New York Botanical Gardens which can cost up to $25 dollars per person for an All Access Pass (and that doesn't take food, drinks, or trips to the gift shop into account).  Luckily there are places that are equally beautiful that you can visit for free or (close to free).

The admission to Wave Hill is $8.00 for adults, $4.00 for seniors, and $2.00 for children.  I got a free membership with my IDNYC card which will give me free admission for a year! At Wave Hill there's something for everyone: hiking, wine, and ample opportunity for scenic photos-shoots.





Another oasis of free nature is the Central Park Conservatory Garden on 105th and 5th Avenue. In my quest to lose weight I have been trying to walk 10,000 steps per day several times a week.  I have been replacing walks to my favorite restaurant or Happy Hour spot with walks to this place. It is amazing how there are such pockets of peace and beauty in the city. 








No comments:

Post a Comment